Sunday, April 29, 2012

QOTD (Quote of the Day)

It was the title of Pastor Joseph B.W. Smith's (@youravgpastor) post that captured my attention: "A Social Media Strategy in Ministry can be the Wrong Approach." What? I had to keep reading, especially since I've just been going on here about being a digital strategist, albeit one with deep faith and theological sensibilities. Here's what shows up in the final paragraph. I, for one, am grateful for the reminder:


Social media ministry is rooted in the knowledge that each person is made in the image of God, and never merely part of a list of followers, a commodity to be collected, or part of an audience for a product. A person created in the image of God is not a means to my end, but someone inherently valued and loved.
─  Joseph B.W. Smith

No comments: