After this week's chat, I invited folks to provide examples and explanations about their engagement with Pinterest. Here's what landed in my email box from Regina Heater (@reckshow). Please feel free to post links to some of your favorite boards in the comments box or over on our Facebook page. Yes! We're now on FB!
I’ve been on Pinterest for about a year, but didn’t use it much until this past Fall when I started renewing my effort to do engage in creative projects. Although it’s a form of social media, I didn’t set out to pin things to share with other people. I still pin mostly for myself! Sharing is a by-product.
My favorite things to pin are inspirational quotations, geeky stuff from Doctor Who, and ideas or artwork specific to a church season or reading I’m engaging with as I pray. I recently started creating my own printable word art, inspired by ones I’ve found on Pinterest.
- General images of saints here.
- Ideas and images for Lent here.
- Collection of art for epiphany here.
- Quotations that inspire and bring me joy (my favorite board) here.
- My board of geekdom, especially Doctor Who, Star Wars, and Firefly. I’m including this board because I dream of a Christianity that’s as compelling to people as Doctor Who is to its fans, where people are inspired to create and share images and ideas with one another because it’s just so darn cool.